The Eclipse™ XL Red Weapon Helium Array (HA), only available through the Marzano Films partnership, is a further adaptation of the award winning Eclipse™ XL and is another leap forward for VFX plate photography.
The installation utilizes just three 8K Red Weapon Heliums, mounted in portrait mode and positioned in a fanned orientation. This reduces the number of stitch lines down to only two whilst still maintaining the ultra wide field of view in both horizontal and vertical.
Viweing Angle: 135° x 92°
Aspect ratio: 1:1.46
Resolution: 9015 x 6144 (30% overlap)
In addition to aerial use, the Eclipse HA can be used on the ground with small cranes via a Mitchell-mount adapter. Productions can use the same Eclipse™ system for normal single camera shooting and the HA for plate shots. The time to change between configurations is approximately 4 hours.
- 3 x Red Weapon Heliums (no requirement for an extra body as a camera control unit).
- Unsurpassed stability
- Unsurpassed reliability
- Unmatched steering precision & response
- Absolute level horizon
- Vehicle slave mode
- Manual roll steering capability
- GPS targeting and steering
- 90° Look down steering
- VFX Data logging of GPS, Gimbal and camera telemetry
- Widest choice of camera and lens combinations including 65mm Imax and 35mm film both with 1000’ film loads
- Platform Weight: 90-125kgs (dependant on payload)
- Maximum installation weight: 250kgs approximately
- Shipping Details: 750kgs in 18 cases (dependant of configuration)
Included with the system
- Video Assist includes
- Operator’s monitor with waveform & vectorscope displays
- Director’s monitor
- Pilot’s monitor
- Pix 240
- Portable 1k Generator (cannot being shipped)
- Unit box
- 138mm & 4.5” round filter sets
- 85 & 85 combination to ND 1.2
- Straight ND’s to 1.2
- AS355/355 aviation approved helicopter side & or nose mount brackets
- Microwave downlink (HD or SD available)