The mini Eclipse was designed and built by the same team who designed the award winning Eclipse XLHD. Once again the system and its stabilization capabilities were developed primarly for military and law enforcement applications.
- The highest level of stability and reliability
- Unmatched precise and responsive steering
- Geo-reference capability
- Will not topple
- GPS satellite-based camera targeting and steering
- Fast payload changes
- Ability to look 90° down whilst panning, tilting and rolling with no gimbal lockup
- GPS referenced inertial roll axis - the only system that truely has "a perfect horizon"
- Any axis vehicle slave
- Can easily be fitted with a Mitchell mount and inverted for use on a wide varity of vehicles and dollies.
- Widest choice of camera and lens combinations of any system of its size. It can even take an Alexa XTM with an Angenieux 28:340 zoom thus giving the production the ability to reload in the air and full sensor coverage of the 4x3 open gate format.
- High definition graphical user interface with touch screen system setup, force stick, optional joystick, optional wheels.
- VFX CGI Gimbal and Lens metadata - GPS Latitude, longitude, altitude, utc, pan, tilt, roll, zoom, focus, iris
- Optional remote control of zoom, focus and iris
- 6 - axis gyro stabilized gimbal, carbon fiber front and rear covers
- Gimbal Weight: 34 kgs (75 lbs)
- Gimbal Dimensions: 42cm diameter dome x 54cm
- Operating temperature range: -40° to 71°C (-40° to 160°F)
- Pan 360° continuous, Roll +/- 61°, Tilt +/- 110°
- Pan and Tilt Speed: 260°/sec
- Wide variety of camera and lens configurations up to 45kgs