The Shotover Hydra aerial filming camera is a superb adaptation of the K1 and demonstrates the advantages of an improved open architecture design. The six Red Dragon camera array provides VFX departments with an unbelievable 36K of stitched images with a greater than 150 degree field of horizontal view.
From first introduction of the Shotover K1 the designers have sought to implement improvements to the basic design, reflecting the rigorous demands of aerial filming crew professionals operating globally.
- Superb stabilization
- Excellent reliability and manufacturer support
- Precise and responsive steering
- Stabilized level horizon
- Vehicle Slave mode
- 90° Look down steering
- VFX data logging of gimbal telemetry
- No ITAR restrictions or EAR licensing requirements
- Customizable HD graphics overlay of gimbal telemetry and lens data
- Unique proprietary integration with Red cameras for complete inflight control of camera setup
- Platform weight: 95-115kgs (dependant on payload configuration)
- Shipping details: approx. 720kgs in 18 cases (dependant on configuration)
Included with the system
- Video Assist includes
- Operator’s monitor with waveform & vectorscope displays
- Director’s monitor
- Pilot’s monitor
- AS355/355 aviation approved helicopter side & or nose mount brackets
- Microwave downlink (HD or SD available)
Contact one of our team for further information.